As part of our full-service approach to project development and delivery, R&M now offers grant writing services. Grant funding is often needed to complete projects that are vital to community wellbeing. Our planning team is experienced in the full grant development process and has a track record of delivering successful grant applications, whether as a standalone service or as a value-added service for existing planning and design projects. R&M has a broad range of in-house professional services staff to ensure grant applications are technically sound and based on implementable projects. Competitive grant applications involve a lot more than filling out an application. Grant development activities include:
- Grant Research: Matching projects with the right funding source(s) at the right times.
- Strategy Development: Developing a competitive application based on grant requirements.
- Narrative Drafting: Drafting a strong narrative exemplifying grant priorities and illustrating a compelling need.
- Technical Review: Ensuring engineering, environmental, regulatory and financial requirements are met.
- Graphic Design: Improving readability and visual appeal.
- Project Management: Managing stakeholders and tasks to submit a complete application on time.
R&M works collaboratively with our in-house team, project owners and stakeholders to ensure these requirements are met and a compelling grant package is developed to help get your project the funding it needs to get to the next step.
Recent Successful Grant Applications
|Project||Grant Program||Amount Awarded|
|Haines Lutak Dock Replacement: Phase I & II||Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE)||$20,000,000|
|Hermon Road Upgrade and Extension||AK Community Transportation Program||$7,144,000|
|Seldon Road Extension Phase II||AK Community Transportation Program||$6,273,000|
|Hemmer Road Upgrade and Extension||AK Community Transportation Program||$3,259,000|
|Trunk Road Extension South Phase II/III||AK Community Transportation Program||$2,023,000|
|Mat-Su Centralized Dispatch||Integrated Mobility Innovation Grant||$231,191|
Additional Grant Applications Recently Completed
(funding announcement pending)
|Haines Lutak Dock Replacement: Phase 1||Port Infrastructure Development Program (PIDP)|
|Saint Paul Harbor Renovations Phase 1A||Port Infrastructure Development Program (PIDP)|
|Saint Paul Small Boat Harbor Utility Upgrade Project||American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA)|
Learn More about Grants and the Grant Application Process with R&M Planner and Grant Writer Ben Coleman, AICP:
Stay in the Loop
Sign up for our News & Views email list and get the latest highlights in your inbox