In A Nutshell
R&M is looking for a team-oriented land surveyor to join our Geomatics Department. R&M is a leading provider of surveying, GIS and geomatics services to public and private clients throughout Alaska.
As a member of the R&M team, the land surveyor would be responsible for collection and production of surveying and mapping projects in accordance with current Alaska Society of Professional Land Surveyors Standards of Practice Manual. The successful applicant will perform surveying and mapping tasks under the direct supervision of a Professional Land Surveyor. The land surveyor will support the collection, processing and mapping of survey data and will also provide day-to-day support to the surveying and mapping team.
All R&M employees are expected to actively participate in and represent the firm in professional organizations and community activities.
The land surveyor will report to the Vice President of Geomatics, and to Senior Land Surveyors on a day-to-day project basis.
On Any Given Day
- Research boundary, ownership, land interest, control and historical survey data.
- Compute boundaries from existing surveys, legal descriptions and title information.
- Plan out survey data acquisition, including GNSS, conventional and remotely sensed data.
- Collect field survey data in an organized manner in accordance with company and client specifications.
- Process and adjust field collected data into engineering and GIS formats.
- Create technically accurate, quality survey drawings, reports and documents.
- Collaborate with survey team members to ensure completeness and proper professional judgement.
- Assist with drawing and deliverable reviews.
- Prepare written communications and participate in client and team meetings.
- Conduct research and write technical portions of proposals to assist in bringing in new work.
This position requires a B.S. in Geomatics, Land Surveying or a closely related field. The ideal candidate will have passed the Fundamentals of Land Surveying Exam or do so within six months of hire, and have two or more years of surveying and mapping experience. Applicants should be skilled in AutoCAD, Trimble Geomatics Office, and Microsoft Excel and Word. The position requires physical work, overtime hours and travel throughout Alaska.
Our Application Process
- Click on the Open Positions link and explore the positions we are currently looking to fill. Click on the arrow to find out more about each position.
- If you think you’re a match, click the “Apply Now” button to fill out the application form and upload your cover letter and resume.
- Don’t see a position that fits you? Send us your resume anyway. We are always looking for good people to join our team. Or, you can subscribe to our jobs email list and get R&M’s latest job openings in your inbox.
- It is our goal to respond to every candidate. If you are being considered for a position, you will receive a telephone call or e-mail to schedule an interview. Our process typically involves multiple interviews. We will actively communicate with you throughout the hiring process.