Land Surveying Intern
In A Nutshell
R&M is looking for team-oriented land surveying interns to support a variety of land surveying projects throughout Alaska.
As a member of the R&M team, land surveying interns are introduced to various surveying disciplines for infrastructure and development projects. Interns are taught the basics of field and office procedures, along with industry standards and requirements. Interns will be assigned to survey teams and support the acquisition and processing of field data, under the direction of a professional land surveyor. Land surveying interns will benefit from direct involvement in real world infrastructure projects and get hands on experience with control, boundary, design and remote sensing surveys. Land surveying interns will be considered for full-time employment upon graduation.
This work is seasonal and may require overtime hours and travel within Alaska. Land surveying interns will report to a Staff Surveyor, Land Surveyor or Senior Land Surveyor as assigned.
On Any Given Day
- Work as part of a project team, under direction of a Staff Surveyor, Land Surveyor or Senior Land Surveyor.
- Perform field survey data acquisition.
- Use digital levels, total stations, GNSS equipment, hydrographic survey equipment and drones to acquire survey data.
- Assist with downloading and processing survey data.
- Participate in project meetings and safety meetings and learn to operate safety in the field.
- Assist with development of supporting documentation for project geomatics tasks.
Must be a geomatics student in good standing at a University accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Ideally, interns will have completed their 200-level geomatics coursework. A valid Driver’s license is required.
Our Application Process
- Click on the Open Positions link and explore the positions we are currently looking to fill. Click on the arrow to find out more about each position.
- If you think you’re a match, click the “Apply Now” button to fill out the application form and upload your cover letter and resume.
- Don’t see a position that fits you? Send us your resume anyway. We are always looking for good people to join our team. Or, you can subscribe to our jobs email list and get R&M’s latest job openings in your inbox.
- It is our goal to respond to every candidate. If you are being considered for a position, you will receive a telephone call or e-mail to schedule an interview. Our process typically involves multiple interviews. We will actively communicate with you throughout the hiring process.