With a significant presence in Southcentral, Interior and Southeast Alaska, R&M clearly recognizes our responsibility to give back to the communities in which we live and work. Over the past several years, R&M has focused our community involvement efforts, affirming our commitment to local organizations.
The firm and its employees are involved in a variety of charitable and volunteer organizations year-round. As a firm, R&M has made the commitment to participate in one significant charitable event per quarter. Recent charitable activities the firm has participated in include:
- CANstruction – an A/E community-led benefit for the Food Bank of Alaska.
- An annual golf tournament benefitting a different local charity each year, such as Bean’s Café, Big Brothers Big Sisters Alaska, Breast Cancer Focus, Parks for All and Healthy Futures.
- Toys for Tots
- United Way Day of Caring Food Drive
- Assembly of “beanie boxes” to benefit Anchorage’s homeless during the holiday season
- A holiday drive for Covenant House Alaska
- Salvation Army Adopt-a-Family
- 50 Bikes for 50 Kids
R&M also participates in the Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities’ Adopt-a Highway Program, and is responsible for cleaning up trash on the section of the Seward Highway between Huffman Road and O’Malley Road.
R&M gives cash donations to a variety of organizations – prioritizing our annual contributions for local sports groups and organizations that are industry-related and/or our employees or clients are involved with on an individual basis. R&M staff members also give generously of their time and money to many local organizations.