R&M is a 100% Alaskan-owned and operated professional services consulting firm. Over our 50-year history, R&M has built a solid reputation as one of Alaska’s premier professional services consulting firms. We have grown from a sole proprietor focused on geotechnical engineering to a 90-person multi-discipline firm. Unlike many of our competitors, 100% of R&M’s staff is based in Alaska – proof that our commitment to this great state is strong. In our last strategic planning session (2012), the firm reaffirmed our intention to remain entirely Alaska-based and focused on innovation in professional solutions for Alaska’s challenging environmental conditions.
Over the past 18 years since R&M became employee-owned, the management team at R&M has worked very hard to establish a new identity for the firm, while at the same time respecting the history and reputation of the firm.
In 2012, R&M reaffirmed our vision, mission and core values:
Innovating Today for Alaska’s Tomorrow
Providing innovative professional solutions – for Alaskans, by Alaskans – through uncompromised quality and world class expertise.
R&M Core Values
From our history to date and the commitments we have made for our future, we have defined the following values that will guide our staff and our activities for years to come:
- Our Clients. We will listen to our clients and proactively strive to understand their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Excellence. We are committed to innovation and quality in all we do. We are always learning and improving.
- Teamwork. By communicating well, mentoring our younger talent and empowering our staff, we work together to succeed.
- Integrity. We honor our agreements and do what is in the best interest of all affected parties.
- Our Employees. We maintain a work environment that respects family values. We support the personal and professional accomplishments of our people, and reward their contributions to our success.
- Community. We are committed to improving Alaskan communities through the projects we design, financial contributions to nonprofit organizations and volunteer hours.