Danby-Wembley Roundabout Collaboration
January 31, 2020
The Danby-Wembley Roundabout in Fairbanks was constructed to alleviate above-average vehicle crashes in the intersection of Danby and Wembley Streets (a two-way stop). During the design, there was concern about how the roundabout would accommodate the many oversized/overweight trucks that used the intersection.
Check out this great article, published in the Winter 2020 edition of The Alaska Contractor Magazine, about the how the design team collaborated with the trucking industry to alleviate their concerns and ensure the roundabout would accommodate truck traffic.
- Hydrographic Surveying added to R&M’s services with addition of Marta Kumle, CH
- New Group Manager of Special Inspections Joins R&M
- Robert Colles, PE Earns Professional Civil Engineering License
- Andrea Story, FSMPS, CPSM Named SMPS Fellow
- Emery Schramm, CESCL Joins R&M’s Construction Services Department