In A Nutshell
R&M is looking for a team-oriented special inspector to join our Special Inspection team. R&M is a leading provider of special inspection and materials testing services throughout Alaska, serving a variety of clients in the public and private sectors.
As a member of the R&M team, the special inspector will perform inspection and materials testing services to provide assurance that improvements are constructed in conformance with plans and specifications. The successful applicant will interact with the contractor and owner with regard to assigned inspections and nonconforming items. The special inspector will also complete timely repots conforming to IBC Chapter 17 requirements.
Travel within Alaska will be required. The successful applicant will be willing to work in project locations throughout the state for extended periods of time during construction season.
The Special Inspector will report to R&M’s Group Manager of Special Inspections.
On Any Given Day
- Review project-specific Statement of Special Inspections and clarify questions with licensed design professional.
- Review submittals and ICC Evaluation Service Reports.
- Review approved contract documents.
- Review project-specific testing requirements.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and review project schedules.
- Follow project-specific safety requirements.
- Observe assigned work and immediately notify the contractor of nonconforming work.
- Provide timely reports.
This position requires a minimum of two years of experience performing special inspections. The successful applicant must possess or be able to obtain ICC Special Inspector certifications in Soils, Spray-Applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry or Reinforced Concrete; American Concrete Institute certifications; and applicable WAQTC materials testing modules. Certification as a Certified Welding Inspector is a plus, but not required. All candidates should have good interpersonal abilities for working in a team environment and strong written and verbal communication skills. The successful applicant must have a valid Alaska Driver’s license.
Our Application Process
- Click on the Open Positions link and explore the positions we are currently looking to fill. Click on the arrow to find out more about each position.
- If you think you’re a match, click the “Apply Now” button to fill out the application form and upload your cover letter and resume.
- Don’t see a position that fits you? Send us your resume anyway. We are always looking for good people to join our team. Or, you can subscribe to our jobs email list and get R&M’s latest job openings in your inbox.
- It is our goal to respond to every candidate. If you are being considered for a position, you will receive a telephone call or e-mail to schedule an interview. Our process typically involves multiple interviews. We will actively communicate with you throughout the hiring process.