Senior Project Engineer – Structural
In A Nutshell
R&M is looking for a collaborative, team-oriented senior structural engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group. R&M’s Structural Engineering Group provides structural engineering in support of a variety of building, bridge, transportation, site development, utility, and port and harbor projects.
As a member of the R&M team, the senior project engineer will manage and perform technical design work, coordinate technical staff, assure quality on all projects and work performed by structural staff, assist with marketing structural engineering services and assist with recruiting structural staff. Technical design work includes serving as structural lead on port and harbor development projects, including piers, wharfs, mooring dolphins and moorage float systems; performing structural analysis and design on other vertical projects; seismic design; and managing structural projects.
The senior project engineer will supervise project engineers, staff engineers, technicians and interns; manage and perform technical design work; and provide oversight and coordination with other disciplines.
The successful applicant will be expected to actively participate and represent R&M in professional organizations and community activities.
The Senior Project Engineer will work under the supervision of the Structural Engineering Group Manager and/or the Vice President of Engineering.
On Any Given Day
- Work on several projects simultaneously, proactively collaborating with other team members and clients to resolve technical challenges, while advancing project design development and delivery.
- Supervise, analyze and detail structural designs using RISA, Revit and AutoCAD 3D design software in accordance with client and industry standards.
- Create technically accurate, quality engineering drawings, specifications and estimates, detailing project scope in support of bidding and construction.
- Review technical reports and recommendations prepared by team members and vet for incorporation into design.
- Assist with preparation of graphics, figures and other materials for public/client meetings, workshops, charrettes and project team meetings.
- Prepare written communications and participate in client and team meetings.
- Guide design development and track progress within established scope, budgets and schedules and alert the project manager and team of issues that may affect them.
- Conduct research and write technical portions of proposals to assist in bringing in new work.
This position requires a B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering or a closely related discipline and 15 or more years of experience in structural design work and project management. Experience in marine infrastructure is desirable. Applicants should be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit and RISA 3D, and have basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. All candidates should have good interpersonal abilities for working in a dynamic team environment and strong written and verbal communication skills. Applicants should have an Alaska Structural PE or be able to obtain by reciprocity within six months of hire.
Our Application Process
- Click on the Open Positions link and explore the positions we are currently looking to fill. Click on the arrow to find out more about each position.
- If you think you’re a match, click the “Apply Now” button to fill out the application form and upload your cover letter and resume.
- Don’t see a position that fits you? Send us your resume anyway. We are always looking for good people to join our team. Or, you can subscribe to our jobs email list and get R&M’s latest job openings in your inbox.
- It is our goal to respond to every candidate. If you are being considered for a position, you will receive a telephone call or e-mail to schedule an interview. Our process typically involves multiple interviews. We will actively communicate with you throughout the hiring process.