Project Engineer – Structural
In A Nutshell
R&M is looking for a team-oriented project structural engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group. R&M’s Structural Engineering Group provides structural engineering in support of a variety of building, bridge, transportation, site development, utility, and marine infrastructure projects.
As a member of the R&M team, the project engineer will perform technical design work, coordinate technical staff and assist with marketing structural engineering services. Technical design work will consist of project-level engineering on port and harbor development projects, including piers, wharfs, mooring dolphins and moorage float systems; structural analysis and foundation designs to support other vertical projects; and seismic design.
The successful applicant will coordinate with staff engineers, engineering technicians and other disciplines. The project engineer will participate in project, client and public meetings.
The successful applicant will be expected to actively participate and represent R&M in professional organizations and community activities.
The project engineer will work under the supervision of the Structural Engineering Group Manager and senior project engineers, in close coordination with other team members.
On Any Given Day
- Work on several projects simultaneously, proactively collaborating with other team members and clients to resolve technical challenges, while advancing project design development and delivery.
- Assist in developing structural designs using advanced RISA, Revit and AutoCAD 3D design software in accordance with client and industry standards.
- Assist in the preparation of technically accurate, quality engineering drawings, specifications and estimates, detailing project scope in support of bidding and construction.
- Review technical reports and recommendations prepared by team members and vet for incorporation into design.
- Assist with preparation of graphics, figures and other materials for public/client meetings, workshops, charrettes and project team meetings.
- Prepare written communications and participate in client and team meetings.
This position requires a B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related discipline and three to five years of experience in structural design work. Experience in marine infrastructure is desirable. Applicants should be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit and RISA 3D. Candidates should have good interpersonal abilities for working in a team environment and strong written and verbal communication skills. Applicants should have an Alaska Structural PE or be able to obtain by reciprocity within six months of hire.
Our Application Process
- Click on the Open Positions link and explore the positions we are currently looking to fill. Click on the arrow to find out more about each position.
- If you think you’re a match, click the “Apply Now” button to fill out the application form and upload your cover letter and resume.
- Don’t see a position that fits you? Send us your resume anyway. We are always looking for good people to join our team. Or, you can subscribe to our jobs email list and get R&M’s latest job openings in your inbox.
- It is our goal to respond to every candidate. If you are being considered for a position, you will receive a telephone call or e-mail to schedule an interview. Our process typically involves multiple interviews. We will actively communicate with you throughout the hiring process.