Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist
R&M CONSULTANTS, INC. is a well-established, employee-owned Alaskan professional services firm. Since 1969, R&M has participated in some of Alaska’s most significant and technically challenging projects.
R&M is seeking a team-oriented Human Resources Specialist to administer human resources functions, including hiring, training, compliance and orientation/onboarding.
As a member of the R&M team, the Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for:
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) – collaborate with marketing and accounting staff to select, implement and maintain an effective applicant tracking system.
- Track status of candidates in HRIS and respond with follow-up letters at the end of the recruitment process.
- Collaborate with management team to standardize R&M position descriptions.
- Coordinate with marketing staff to post open positions to company website.
- Receive, distribute and log employment applications.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process.
- Coordinate and schedule new hire employment paperwork and orientation.
- Collaborate with management team to develop a robust orientation and onboarding process.
- Conduct new employee orientations.
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Plan and support company-wide information meetings such as open enrollment and meetings to announce or discuss changes in retirement or benefit plans.
- Collaborate with accounting staff to process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resources programs, including, but not limited to compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Collaborate with accounting staff to track and administer referral bonus program.
- Assist with processing terminations.
- Assist with Employee Development Plan process.
- Prepare new employee files.
- Maintain employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure and other key details.
- File documents into appropriate employee files.
- Prepare mandatory reporting and conduct record audits, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, OSHA filings, payroll audits and other compliance reviews.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Collaborate with management team to keep company policies current with human resources legislation and recommended best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will be expected to represent R&M and actively participate in professional organizations and community activities.
The Human Resources Specialist will report to the Vice President of Marketing and Business Development.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field, plus a minimum of two years of related experience. Other desirable qualifications include excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and customer service skills; organizational skills and attention to detail; and excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality is mandatory. All applicants should have a working understanding of human resources principles, practices and procedures. SHRM-CP credential is preferred.
Please submit R&M Employment Application, EEO Form (optional), Cover Letter, and Resume to:
R&M CONSULTANTS, INC.
9101 Vanguard Drive
Anchorage, Alaska 99507