Civil Engineering Intern
In A Nutshell
R&M is looking for team-oriented civil engineering interns with an interest in construction engineering to support of construction administration projects throughout Alaska. R&M is an Alaska leader in construction administration and oversight, and materials testing. Our work supports airport, highway, railroad and waterfront construction projects, as well as structural vertical and industrial projects. We offer these services to a variety of clients, including the Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Anchorage Water and Wastewater Utility, Alaska Railroad Corporation and many municipal governments.
As a member of the R&M team, our civil engineering interns perform a variety of on-site functions, including construction inspection, materials testing and office engineering duties under the supervision of more senior staff.
This is an opportunity to get exposure to the challenges of constructing large civil projects, particularly highway and airport infrastructure. Civil engineering interns will benefit from direct involvement in the construction process and observing first-hand how a project is built. Civil engineering interns will be considered for full-time employment upon graduation.
This work is seasonal and typically requires overtime hours. Travel within Alaska may be required. The ideal candidate(s) will be willing to work in remote project locations throughout Alaska for extended periods of time during construction season. Civil engineering interns will report to a Project Engineer as assigned.
On Any Given Day
- Perform construction inspection and oversight on infrastructure improvement projects.
- Work as part of a project team, under the direction of a Project Engineer.
- Observe contractor operations while enforcing construction contract documentation to ensure quality infrastructure improvements.
- Provide construction administration support on a broad range of construction projects, including highways, bridges, drainage systems, utilities, airfields, railways, and ports and harbors.
- Assist with preparation of project documentation and audit trails to ensure funding participation.
- Test for acceptance of incorporated materials, including soils, aggregates, Portland cement concrete and asphalt concrete pavements.
Must be a Civil Engineering student in good standing at a University accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. The successful applicant will be required to travel and work in project locations throughout Alaska for extended periods of time during the construction season. This work is seasonal and typically requires overtime hours. A valid Alaska Driver’s License is required.
Our Application Process
- Click on the Open Positions link and explore the positions we are currently looking to fill. Click on the arrow to find out more about each position.
- If you think you’re a match, click the “Apply Now” button to fill out the application form and upload your cover letter and resume.
- Don’t see a position that fits you? Send us your resume anyway. We are always looking for good people to join our team. Or, you can subscribe to our jobs email list and get R&M’s latest job openings in your inbox.
- It is our goal to respond to every candidate. If you are being considered for a position, you will receive a telephone call or e-mail to schedule an interview. Our process typically involves multiple interviews. We will actively communicate with you throughout the hiring process.