R&M Hockey Team Finishes Fall Season with Excellent Record
February 1, 2018
R&M’s hockey team finished their 2017 fall season with a 7-1-2 record. Project Engineer Ryan Goentzel, PE is this year’s team captain.
“I love playing hockey in general, but when you get to do it with your coworkers and colleagues outside of work, it becomes an interesting experience,” said Ryan. “We see each other every day in a professional environment, but when the pads are put on and the skates are laced up, you get to see a different side to everyone. We all have a fun time playing on this team and I hope we can continue this well into the future.”
The team brings together employees from various positions and departments, as well as R&M family members and subconsultants. Game days vary throughout the week and can start as late as 10:45 PM!
“The R&M hockey team has been a great opportunity for us to work together as a team outside of the office,” said Morgan Welch, PE, also a Project Engineer at R&M. “It’s a fun way to get exercise and strengthen coworker relationships in pursuit of a common goal — the Subway Novice Adult League Championship trophy.”
Team R&M is halfway through their 2018 spring season. Check out their upcoming game times at O’Malley Subway Sports Centre and show your support!
- Investing in Airline Infrastructure Upgrades and Service Improvements
- Golfing for Grandfamilies: Golf Tournament Raises Funds for Local Non-Profit
- Giving Back One Brush at a Time
- Innovative Environmental Characterization Solutions: PFAS Groundwater Characterization at FAI
- R&M Ranked #24 on Zweig Group’s 2018 Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work for List